Permit Processing Time
The following is a list of permits that have a shorter processing time, as they are not subject to additional review:
- Electrical upgrades
- Gas furnace change outs and pressure tests
- Gas lights and gas logs
- HVAC equipment change outs
- Replacement windows
- Re-roofing and repairs
- Vinyl siding installation
- Water heater change outs
- Wood rot, minor non-structural repairs
Permits Requiring Multiple Processors
The following is a list of building and development permits that will be processed by the Department of Planning and Zoning as well as the Building Inspection Office for approval, and have a longer review time:
- Accessory structures 200 square feet or more
- Accessory structures with Electrical Service
- Additions and structural repairs
- New construction
Permit Forms and Documents
All permit requests are submitted electronically to [email protected]. In person or mailed submittals are not accepted. Permit applications and other required documentation.
Forms and applications may be picked up from the city permit clerk at the Marguerite H. Brown Municipal Complex, City Hall at 519 North Goose Creek Boulevard. Permits and business license forms can also be downloaded from the city website. Permit Application Process
Forms and applications may be picked up from the city permit clerk at the Marguerite H. Brown Municipal Complex, City Hall at 519 North Goose Creek Boulevard. Permits and business license forms can also be downloaded from the city website.
Forms you may need:
- Building Permit Application
- Accessory Structure Checklist
- Addition/Conversion Checklist
- Swimming Pool Application Checklist
- Business License Application
- Sewer Availability Letter
- Water Permit to Operate
- Sub Contractor Listing - Residential
- Site Plans
- South Carolina State Contractors License
- Construction Plans: Architectural and Structural
- Signed Contract (if using a contractor)
This is not an all-inclusive listing of forms or documents; your project will determine which forms or documents are required. Click here to see more forms.
Forms and electronic submittals please contact the Permits Division at (843) 797-6220, ext. 1100 or 1122.
Planning and Zoning please contact the Planning and Zoning Department at (843) 797-6220 ext 1116 or 1118.
Building inspections and building codes please contact the Building Inspection Division at (843) 553-8350, ext. 3245, 3246 or 3247