Road repairs: Find out who owns a road, and where to make a repair request

One item that the City often receives from residents are requests for road repairs. The responsibility for road repairs, however, lies with either the county or state, and not the City of Goose Creek.

Almost all streets and roads within Goose Creek city limits are maintained by either Berkeley County or the South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT).

The SCDOT’s website includes instructions for requesting roadwork for state-owned roads. The site also includes a link to SCDOT’s Street Finder, which helps determine whether a road is county or state-owned.

Visit Berkeley County Roads and Bridges for updated information on county roadwork. The site also contains a contact page to relay requests, or residents can call Berkeley County Roads and Bridges at (843) 719-4129.

Traffic Calming Measures Program

The Traffic Calming Measures Program allows citizens to work with city staff to determine if a road or area is eligible for traffic calming measures. Details on eligibility requirements and the Traffic Calming Policy can be found here. If you are interested in participating in the program please complete the Request Form and return to 200 Button Hall Avenue or email the completed form the City Engineer at [email protected].