Zoning Board of Appeals
The Zoning Board of Appeals meets as needed.
Meetings are held in Council Chambers at City Hall located at 519 N. Goose Creek Boulevard, Goose Creek, South Carolina 29445.
Application and Guides for Variance and Conditional Use Permit Request:
For more specific information regarding the process for requesting an appeal, a variance, or a conditional use permit, please contact the Planning Department at (843) 797-6220, ext. 1116.
- Land Use Application (submit with payment of $60 fee paid to schedule public hearing)
- Guide to Variance
- Guide to Conditional Use Permit
Complete all information and submit all required documents to City Planning. Incomplete applications and checklist are subject to a postponed review.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- View all the most recent: MEETING AGENDA, SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
- View all agendas and minutes from 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018
About the Board
The Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) is responsible for determining conditional use permits, zoning ordinance variance requests, and appeals of decisions made by the zoning administrator. A conditional use permit is typically applicable when a property owner wishes to have a specific type of development approved for a specific location. Zoning variances can be requested when a property owner feels that, due to unusual circumstances, a zoning restriction causes what is referred to as an "unnecessary hardship" and the situation meets the specific criteria set for such. An appeal may be made when a property owner feels the zoning administrator has incorrectly interpreted the zoning ordinance.
In all cases, an application to be heard is submitted to the Planning Department, and the ZBA schedules a public hearing to determine the facts and make their determination for the situation. Because they meet only when an application has been submitted, their meeting schedule is only as needed. For more specific information regarding the process for requesting an appeal, a variance, or a conditional use permit, please contact the Planning Department at (843) 797-6220, ext. 1116.
- Butch Clift, Chairman, Term expiring 12/31/21
- Tom Volkmar, Vice Chair, Term expiring 12/31/21
- Jason Dillard, Member, Term expiring 12/31/23
- James Fisk, Member, Term expiring 12/31/21
- Larry Monheit, Member, Term expiring 12/31/23
- Sarina Freincle, Member,Term expiring 12/31/23
- Bakari Jackson, Member, Term expiring 12/31/23