The Inspection Department provides a total building inspection and fire prevention program for the city. These services include:

  • Plan review for new construction
  • Building code compliance inspections
  • Investigations of citizen complaints
  • Fire prevention inspections of public assembly and commercial properties
  • Fire prevention training programs

To request an inspection, call 843-863-5212.

ISO Class II Rating

Because of the City of Goose Creek’s excellent record for code enforcement and fire prevention as well as the Fire Department’s comprehensive resources, the City of Goose Creek has an ISO Class II fire insurance rating, which translates into insurance savings for City of Goose Creek property owners.


Business License Ordinance

Renee Phillips, Business License Specialist   Email
Ph: 843-797-6220, ext. 1122


Commercial Permits

Permits must be obtained for all interior and exterior renovations on commercial property prior to construction. Exterior renovations must first be reviewed and approved by the city's Architectural Review Board (ARB) with the exception of most HVAC change-outs.

Reviews Prior to Application 

Prior to the permit application process, the Department of Planning and Zoning (DPZ) will schedule a Development Review Committee meeting for any new development or commercial project to enable the applicant to meet with all applicable city departments involved in the project review. 

Permit Reviews

The following is a list of permits that will be reviewed by the DPZ only: 

  • HVAC change out
  • Painting exterior
  • Signs (new, alterations, and repairs)
  • Tents

The following is a list of permits that will be reviewed by the DPZ as well as the Building Officials Office for approval: 

  • Accessory structures
  • Additions and structural repairs
  • New construction

Peddlers, Solicitors & Transient Vendors

If you plan on selling things door-to-door or from the roadside, please consult the Peddlers, Solicitors, and Transient Vendors Ordinance. A Peddlers and Solicitors Application will need to be submitted.