Planning and Zoning
The Department of Planning and Zoning provides guidance for well-planned and sustainable long-term growth and development.
The department provides any technical and zoning assistance needed. Our guiding principles are to preserve the small-town character of Goose Creek, protect its natural resources, and promote community vitality.
Contact our planning department at (843) 797-6220, ext. 1118.
To request a Zoning Verification Letter, submit the request in writing via email.
The department strives to provide exceptional customer service as we perform a variety of services. Some of those services include:
- Providing information such as zoning ordinances, zoning classification, signage, tree removal, and requirements for new development and construction
- Comprehensive Planning
- Facilitating the Planning Commission, Architectural Review Board, and Zoning Board of Appeals
- Floodplain management
- GIS mapping
- Plan reviewing for all construction projects, both residential and commercial
- Zoning administration and enforcement
- Conditional Use Permit - Public Hearings
- Variance Hearings
- Appeal Hearings
Boards and Commissions
View the city's Comprehensive Plan, updated in 2015.