Planning and Zoning
The Department of Planning and Zoning provides guidance for well-planned and sustainable long-term growth and development.
The department provides any technical and zoning assistance needed. Our guiding principles are to preserve the small-town character of Goose Creek, protect its natural resources, and promote community vitality.
Director of Planning and Zoning
ext. 1118, Email: [email protected]
ext. 1116, Email: [email protected]
The department strives to provide exceptional customer service as we perform a variety of services. Some of those services include:
- Addressing: Address Assignment Request Form
- Comprehensive Planning - View the city's Comprehensive Plan
- Facilitating the Planning Commission, Architectural Review Board, and Zoning Board of Appeals
- Floodplain management; FEMA website
- GIS mapping
- Land Use Application
- Zoning Verification Letters
- Provide Ordinance Information: City Code of Ordinance
- Assist with Zoning Classification, tree removal, signage, residential and commercial development and commercial construction Inquiries. See our Common Residential Planning Questions page.
- Carnes Crossroads Design Guides: Commercial and Residential
- Carnes Crossroads POA: Community Manager, Chris Page; located at 513 Wodin Place, Summerville, SC 29486 - (843) 970-3417
- Carnes Crossroads Website: Carnes Crossroads Community