Planning and Zoning
The Department of Planning and Zoning provides guidance for well-planned and sustainable long-term growth and development.
The department provides any technical and zoning assistance needed. Our guiding principles are to preserve the small-town character of Goose Creek, protect its natural resources, and promote community vitality.
- Brenda M. Moneer, Planning and Zoning Technician, ext. 1116
- email [email protected]
The department strives to provide exceptional customer service as we perform a variety of services. Some of those services include:
- Addressing; Please click the appropriate request form if you are in need of an address: Commercial and Residential
- Providing information such as zoning ordinances, zoning classification, signage, tree removal, and requirements for new development and construction
- Comprehensive Planning - View the city's Comprehensive Plan, updated in 2021.
- Facilitating the Planning Commission, Architectural Review Board, and Zoning Board of Appeals
- Floodplain management
- GIS mapping
- Plan reviewing for all construction projects, both residential and commercial
- Zoning administration and enforcement
- Public Hearings
- Zoning Verification Letters; PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM IN ITS ENTIRETY.
- Carnes Crossroads Design Guides: Commercial and Residential
- Carnes Crossroads POA: Community Manager, Chris Page; located at 513 Wodin Place, Summerville, SC 29486 - (843) 970-3417
- Carnes Crossroads Website: Carnes Crossroads Community