Economic Development Action Committee
The Economic Development Action Committee meets quarterly at City Hall.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Rick Buckner, Chairman
- Joe Bagwell
- Ron Henderson
- Dean Infinger
- Rob Sanchez
- Brenda Myers
- Justin Moore
- Mark Gaddy
- Rob Wiggins
About the Committee
The Economic Development Action Committee (EDAC) seeks to analyze and address the needs of the existing business community and promote the recruitment of desirable businesses into the City of Goose Creek. The committee fulfills this mission by serving as a forum for promoting economic development and supporting the needs of the business community.
The committee’s basic strategy is to:
- Analyze and address the needs of the business community
- Spearhead downtown redevelopment
- Interact with the members of the business community to get an overall perspective of their businesses
- Foster intergovernmental relations concerning economic and industrial development
- Develop materials to promote the economic development of the city
- Formulate business retention and expansion plans
- Develop and implement a business recruitment plan
- Develop business incentives for new and existing businesses
- Compile information on utilities, land availability, housing, schools, taxes, fees, transportation data, small business loans and grants, and other related economic development data
The committee was formed April 28, 1994, by Goose Creek City Council, in order to serve as an advisory committee to council on issues of economic development.